Sustainable Green Team Ltd. (SGTM), through its subsidiaries, including National Storm Recovery LLC (DBA Central Florida Arbor Care and Mulch Manufacturing Inc.), provides tree services, debris hauling, removal and bio-mass recycling, manufacturing, packaging and sales of next-generation mulch products. The company’s primary corporate objective is to provide a solution for the treatment and handling of tree debris that is historically sent to local landfills and disposal sites, creating an environmental burden and pressure on disposal sites around the nation.
SGTM and the solutions provided by its Sustainable Green Team are founded in sustainability. The company’s vertically integrated operations begin with the collection of tree debris through its tree services division and collection sites. Tree bio-mass is then moved through the processing division for recycling and manufacturing into a variety of organic, attractive, next-generation mulch products to be packaged and sold to retailers, landscapers, installers and garden centers.
The company’s solutions create a synergistic and environmentally beneficial solution to tree and storm waste disposal that historically has created an environmental burden on landfills and disposal sites around the nation.
SGTM’s customers include governmental, residential and commercial customers and now big box retailers. The company is headquartered in Florida.
SGTM in February 2020 acquired 35-year-old industry leader and innovator Mulch Manufacturing Inc., an Ohio corporation. Structured as a share exchange, this strategic partnership provides SGTM with a significantly larger footprint in the mulch industry.
The acquisition includes Mulch Manufacturing’s national and international distribution agreements, an increase in production and packaging capacity, and its sales contracts with numerous big box retailers. Mulch Manufacturing includes mulch production, sawmill operation, Natures Reflections colorant manufacturing and equipment manufacturing.
SGTM’s vision and commitment to the environment is paired with Mulch Manufacturing’s revolutionary “next-generation” mulch product, Nature’s Reflection’s Softscape®.
Softscape mulch products, created from natural forest products, are color-enhanced with environmentally safe colorants to provide four-year color retention and are free from contaminants. Safe for people and pets, Softscape allows water and air to penetrate soil and roots, which is vital to plant health and growth.
SGTM plans to expand its operations through a combination of organic growth, through its partnership with a nationally recognized waste disposal company, and through strategic acquisitions that are both accretive to earnings and positioned for rapid growth from the resulting synergistic opportunities identified.
The company has received final zoning approval for its 100-acre site, located in Lake County, Astatula, Florida, which will serve as its flagship tree debris collection site. The facility will also house the company’s mulch manufacturing, soil composting and production bagging. This prime location includes a 5,000-square-foot building that contains warehouse and office space. The 100-acre property can accommodate millions of cubic yards of organic debris and will allow SGTM’s debris hauling division to realize significant savings on its transportation costs.
SGTM has chosen as its new headquarters the 100,000-square-foot Mulch Manufacturing building in Jacksonville, Florida. The facility comprises centralized operations of Mulch Manufacturing Inc. and National Storm Recovery LLC and has ample room to expand as needed.
SGTM’s leadership team boasts more than 40 years of next-level experience with mulch manufacturing, treating and caring for trees. This team is guided by a roster of highly qualified professionals:
- Tony Raynor, Chief Executive Officer
- Edward Lee, Chief Operating Officer
- Ralph Spencer, Director of Business Development, Strategic Acquisitions
- Steve Ogden, ISA-Certified Arborist
- Rick Starcher, Master Chemist
- Peder K. Davisson, Esq., Corporate/Securities Counsel
- More than 40 years of next level experience with mulch manufacturing, colorant production, product innovation and treating/caring for trees and tree debris recycling.
- Services include tree removal, trimming, grapple hauling, land clearing, stump grinding, mulch processing, colorant production and packaging, transportation and distribution.
- Acquisition of Mulch Manufacturing provides SGTM a significantly larger footprint nationally and abroad.
- Mulch Manufacturing maintains its historical contracts with big box retailers nationally for bagged mulch sales.
- SGTM benefits from a competitive advantage over other mulch manufacturers, because the acquisition of mulch feedstock drives revenue instead of simply being a cost of goods sold.
- Environmentally responsible corporation focused on being “stewards of the environment” in all aspects of the business. The source of feedstock coming from tree services division decreases environmental burden on landfills.
- Ample room for expansion utilizing the 100-acre site in Florida approved as the flagship tree debris collection site and mulch feedstock production facility, as well as the 100,000-sq.-ft. building and 28 acres site in Jacksonville.
- Recipient of Angie’s List Super Service Award in 2018
- Strategic partnership with a national waste disposal company has provided SGTM millions of dollars in cost savings and years of time that would otherwise have been incurred if the company had needed to secure the required locations and permits that the partnership provided. This partnership represents significant potential expansion opportunity for SGTM.